Thursday, August 22, 2019

Spectacular Savanna quilt

This time last year we were on Safari so when I saw Elizabeth Hartmans "Spectacular Savanna" pattern, I knew that I wanted to make it as a reminder of our amazing African adventure.
I dug into my stash of Timeless Treasures "sketch" style fabrics to use as the feature print for each animal which was mainly for the ears.
And I also modified the original pattern slightly to make the quilt wider (90 x 73") so it goes across the bed.
Being so large, I had this long-arm quilted at my LQS Rainbow Patchwork in the Exotic Vine design which I think was just perfect for this quilt.
We were fortunate to actually see all of these animals whilst on Safari but the elephant was definitely my favourite. 
The backing is the Leaf in grey from Ellas backings which I also used in the Lion pillow for my mum. 
And most importantly, the quilt was kitty approved by Peach!
This was on my Q3 FAL 2019 list so linking up with the 2019 FAL team.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. What a finish, and great reminder of your trip!
    BTW, every time I'm at Pike Place Market and see the Sasquatch, I think of you! ;-) Thanks again for meeting up that time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! It was so nice to meet you IRL after all this time, and we must have missed seeing the Sasquatch at Pike place - we need to go back there someday.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I don't know if there is an Elizabeth Hartman pattern that I DON'T want to make. She's so good!

    ReplyDelete