Friday, December 7, 2018

Natural Wonders quilt

My brother turned 50 recently so I decided to make him a quilt for his birthday as he is the only one from my family who doesn't have a quilt made by me yet! 
I used the Skipping Stones pattern by Cindi McCracken which is the same one that I used for my twin sons 18th birthdays a few years ago as I think it is a great quilt pattern for a guy!!
This time I used solids for the main part of the blocks with prints from numerous Parson Gray fabric ranges for the smaller squares through the middle of each block.
The name of the quilt came from the two main fabric ranges from Parson Gray that I used for the blocks - Curious Nature and Seven Wonders.
This quilt was longarm quilted at my LQS "Rainbow Patchwork" and Karen used the Fern Gully pantograph which is one of my favourites.
This quilt finished at about 66 x 66" which is a nice size for a bed or just as a lap quilt.
And it was even kitty approved :)
This was on my Q4 FAL list for this year so linking up with the 2018 FAL team.
Kirsten.

4 comments: