Tuesday, September 18, 2018

BQF 2018 - Tula ColorDive quilt

Welcome to the Fall edition of the Bloggers Quilt Festival hosted by Amy from AmysCreativeSide and thank you for stopping by.
Earlier this year I participated in a Tula Pink Charm Square swap and used them to make a Color Dive quilt using the pattern by Anna Maria Horner.
I needed quite a few charm squares so used all of those from the swap and cut the rest from my stash as well as slightly larger squares to make the HST. 
There are quite a few HST's needed for the pattern - it was my first time using a Bloc-loc ruler to trim the HST and it made it so much quicker!
There are prints from many of Tula Pinks fabric ranges as well as some of the new All Stars, Tent Stripes, Pom Pom dots, and solids. 
This quilt finished at 63 x 72" and it was quilt long arm quilted at my LQS, Rainbow Patchwork.
The blue backing is the same as I used for the "Love Cats" quilt that I made a few months ago and the quilt is bound in an aqua solid.
A huge thank you to Amy for hosting such a fun quilt festival - it is always so inspiring to see all of the quilts liked up! 
Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you enjoy visiting many of the other blogs during this week!
Kirsten.

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn - I really love how it turned out!

      Delete
  2. What a fun and vibrant quilt - love Tula Pink's fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cille - Tula designs the most beautiful fabrics!

      Delete
  3. Tula makes a beautiful scrap quilt with saturated colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige - these bright fabrics were just perfect for the quilt.

      Delete
  4. This is a make-my-heart-happy quilt! Bonus: any pattern that calls for a new gadget to simplify the making!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise - I can't believe how much easier the trimming was with the ruler:)

      Delete
  5. I love how bright and colourful this is, and isn't it nice to have all your favourite prints in one quilt! Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - I love how all of Tula's collections go so well with each other!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kirsten! What a lovely quilt! I love the whole nod to Tula Pink fabrics - what a fun idea for a swap. This reminds me slightly of Postcard from Sweden - at least all of the HSTs. I just picked up a Bloc Loc ruler but haven't used it yet. I look forward to giving it a try! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roseanne - the Postcard from Sweden quilt is on my to-do list, and I think you will really enjoy using the bloc-loc!

      Delete
  7. So bright and cute, my little granddaughter would make off with this quilt in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt! Such a colorful, happy finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy - this was such a fun quilt to make!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much - this was a good way to use up some of my Tula stash:)

      Delete
  10. great quilt and wonderful quilt photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! I always have trouble finding quilt holders when I go to take photos:)

      Delete
  11. Nicely done.....looks like you had a lot of FUN!

    My Best To You,
    LuAnn Kessi in Western Oregon
    https://luannkessi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LuAnn - it certainly was a fun quilt to make!

      Delete
  12. Love all the color in this quilt, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela - Tula's fabrics are certainly bright and colourful!

      Delete
  13. What a fun and colorful quilt!
    Your mix of prints and colors is inspiring.
    I love your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! It was a lovely winters day when I took these photos and it really brought out the beautiful colours in the fabrics.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you Sally - it is always nice to sew with Tula's fun fabrics!

      Delete