Sunday, November 12, 2017

Scrappy Trip to Stanthorpe quilt

It has been over 4 years since I made my first Scrappy Trip quilt using Denyse Schmidt fabrics and it is still one of my very favourite quilts.
So I thought I would make another using a blue/teal jelly roll along with a few extra grey and white fabrics.
To make the most of the jelly roll strips, I used a tutorial from Allison at Woodberry Way which uses the full WOF (42") of the strips rather than the original method from Bonnie at Quiltville.
The blocks from Allisons tutorial use 8 x 21" strips and finish at 16" rather than the original 6 x 16" strips which made a 12" block.
So to make a lap sized quilt, I only needed to sew 12 blocks to make a quilt of 48 x 64".
Then I simply quilted through the diagonals of the squares in each direction which gives a nice texture.
All of the blocks have the white tone-on-tone print running through the centre to create a pattern.
These photos were taken on a recent trip to Stanthorpe, so I thought it only fitting to rename the quilt to remember our weekend away.
This project was on my FAL Q4 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Great finish. It looks lovely. Love the settings for your photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I really love the one I made ages ago too. Good idea to make another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely finish - and how you made it makes it easier than it first appears! Thanks for taking part in the FAL - from the FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. One day I might brave a scrappy trip...I like your all blue version.

    ReplyDelete