Sunday, October 22, 2017

Legendary "Yowie" pillow

I had a block left over from the "Legendary" quilt I made my hubby for his 50th birthday, so decided to make a matching pillow to go with the quilt.
This was actually the first tree block I made for the quilt and as I had arranged the batiks in a kind of ombre colour flow, decided to leave it out of the quilt as it looked quite different to the other blocks.
For those of you not in Australia, the "Yowie" is a mythical creature similar to the American Sasquatch/Bigfoot, who is believed to live in the Australian wilderness.
And the Yowie was sighted again recently when hubby went away for his  birthday celebration/fishing trip with some friends...
This project was on my FAL Q4 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Great way to use a leftover block. The cushion looks great.
    Cheers, Karen
    http://sunburntquilts.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I had no idea about the Yowie! No wonder you connected with Sasquatch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of an orphan block. Well done on your Q4 finish. Jxo

    ReplyDelete