Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Liberty Fancy Fox quilt

I have always wanted to make the Fancy Fox quilt using Liberty fabrics like in the original pattern.
The Liberty fabrics are so lovely and just the perfect scale for the fox faces.
As I only had a few different prints, I chose to only make 9 foxes which is a nice size for a baby quilt.
 
And I quilted the foxes in using serpentine stitches going down the quilt the same way as I did on the "30 shades of Fox" quilt I made last year.
Then bound the quilt in a hot pink solid as that was one of the predominant colours in the Liberty prints.
I finished this quilt just before we went away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary, and managed to find some nice locations for some quilty photos.
The above photos were taken near the lighthouse and breakwall at Nobbys Head in Newcastle NSW, Australia.
And one at Fort Scratchley which is a former coastal defence area built in 1882.
The back of the quilt is a pretty floral print which went well with the Liberty fabrics.
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you did find some great photo op places - I really, really love the fox quilts, and you're right about the Liberty being so nice for them. Happy Anniversary, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liberty and foxes - the perfect combo! Well done on your Q1 finishes (& beautiful pics too). Jxo

    ReplyDelete