Saturday, June 25, 2016

Tula Pink Painted Portrait Blouse

After already making a sleeveless blouse and dress from the Anna Maria Horner Painted Portrait Blouse/Dress pattern, I really wanted to try it again but this time with sleeves...
I chose some prints from Tula Pink True Colours and Eden that coordinated with the dark denim Tencil that I was using for the main part of the blouse.
I used some of the Crouching Tiger print in Amethyst from Eden to feature on the back of the blouse.
This time I did a pieced yoke which was quite easy to do and I used some of the pink lawn leftover from sewing the other blouse for the facing.
The last step was to sew the hems - although I did feel like I was being watched very closely by the tiger...
The front and back....
I wore the blouse to Tulas trunk show and Tula was kind enough to have a photo taken with me wearing it which made my day:)
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.

2016 FAL
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. Your blouse looks fabulous Kirsten! Did you get Tula to sign it? At the trunk show which I attended (The Quilter's Store?) she was signing dresses, quilts, anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet and love the photo with Tula! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so scary from the back! Lovely photo and a great way to celebrate your finish. Thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! The tiger on the back is amazing! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - this is great - I need to wear Tula, too :-)

    ReplyDelete