Friday, November 28, 2014

IGmini swap: "Dwell" mini

I haven't participated in many swaps this year, but recently signed up for the #igminiswap which has been run on Instagram.
For my secret partner, I decided to make a "Dwell" mini quilt using the pattern by Thimbleblossoms. 
I used fabrics from a few different Bonnie and Camille ranges: Miss Kate, Marmalade, Scrumptious, April Showers, and Happy Go Lucky. 
And they all feature the Sundae Scallop print for the roof which gives them a "tiled" look .
Each little house measures 3 x 4"  and I made the border a little wider than in the original pattern to bring the mini up to size. 
I quilted this mini in straight lines on the diagonal and bound it in an aqua solid which matches in well with the B&C fabrics.
This week I mailed the mini off to my partner, along with some little extras - it has a long way to travel so hoping it gets there quickly.
 This is the inspiration mosaic I originally posted to the group that I am in (curlysgroup).




This mini was on Q4 FAL list at the 2104 Finish-along hosted by Katy @ The Littlest Thistle.
Finish Along 2014
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. How could you not love that cuteness! The scalloped fabric is perfect for the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Too bad I'm not in the same group as you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Mini! I love your tiny houses
    For more scraps, I'm running a fabric giveaway, feel free to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, this has been my only swap this year too :o)

    ReplyDelete